onsdag 10 november 2010

Nr. 89 - Tracy Chapman

It’s relatively quiet in the media on the subject of Tracy Chapman. Most people that I’ve talked to about her seem to think mainly of her hit Fast Car or Baby Can I Hold You, a song that boy band Boyzone almost destroyed with their cover in the ‘90s. If you haven’t heard it, don’t look it up! I think I heard Tracy Chapman for the first time at a friend’s house. We listened to her album Crossroads and tried to sing Bridges in French (in the booklet the lyrics were printed in several languages). Since then Tracy Chapman always had a special place in my heart. Why is she cool? Besides the fact that she has a laid back and cool way of singing, her coolness lies in her commitment to different charities and her relaxed attitude towards her career.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar