söndag 14 november 2010

Nr. 81 – Madonna

Hm… ok, how shall I explain myself here? In most people’s eyes I imagine she would be placed higher on a list like this. But I think, on the one hand, she is one of music history’s most overrated artists. She is really quite boring, constantly struggling to keep up with the young artists, on a constant search for herself… she tries too hard, has a boring and strained voice and rarely makes full-length albums worth listening to. Sure, there are several songs that I’ve liked over the years, but with that business mind, stubbornness and long career that’s no surprise. So why IS she on the list? Is she cool? Believe me, I’ve tried to keep her off the list. But I can’t deny it. She IS cool. No one has been as successful as Madonna through so many years. And no one has changed appearance so many times and still managed to keep her fans. (Here are some examples: Lucky Star, Holiday, Express Yourself, Take A Bow, Frozen, Die Another Day, Music, Give It To Me) She may not be my favourite but she’s smart and she’s got a mind made for business, otherwise she would never have made it this far with that squeaky voice.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar