fredag 19 november 2010

Nr. 72 – Joan Baez

Different songs can sometimes make you think of different people for some reason. This American singer always makes me think of my dad. It is he who introduced me to her music by playing it quite frequently in our living room when I was growing up.

From what I’ve heard, Joan Baez once said something like “I’m wanted by KGB and CIA so I must be doing something right”. I tried to look it up but couldn’t find anything. Either way it says something about her political commitment. She also said “I've never had a humble opinion. If you've got an opinion, why be humble about it?”. I chose this clip of her singing Bob Dylan’s With God on Our Side because it emphasizes why she’s on the list. Her entire career (still ongoing) is characterized by her moral courage and her fight for her believes. That is why she is cool.



2 kommentarer:

  1. Forget some of the coolest women?! How could you? Mary Travers? Diana Ross? Siw Malmqvist? Judith Durham? Irma Thomas? When will we see them appear in the list?

    SvaraRadera
  2. Good old dad, always reliable!

    SvaraRadera