söndag 28 november 2010

Nr. 53 – Whitney Houston

Those who know me should not be surprised to see this icon on this list. And I know, I know….She has not made herself worthy of this high ranking if you look at her latest performances. But I won’t spend so much time focusing on the past years’ scandals. When she was scheduled to come to Sweden I was told I have to go see her since I’m always raising her voice to the sky, praising her as one of the best singers ever. But if I was going to see her live, it would have been when she was in her prime. She (or rather her voice) is the single reason I’ve seen the movie Preacher’s Wife more than once. My friends and family might be tired of me showing these clips. But I’ll never get tired of them. If it weren’t for Sony taking Whitney singing The Star Spangled Banner off of YouTube it would be three clips shown of Whitney. (You should be glad I’m not sitting next to you while reading this going “...now…listen….listen when she gets to this part…”) Is she getting too much space on this blog? No, it’s Whitney! Next you might see me doing a leave Whitney alone-clip….or maybe not. Anyway…Why is she cool? She may mostly do power ballads that someone else has written. But she does them with such elegance, perfection, presence, and power. You may argue with this but to me her voice is flawless. Look at the clip of her singing One Moment In Time at the Grammys and tell me - isn’t she cool? And by the way, the best music to keep in the car for long road trips is not I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers or some other cheerful music. It’s the soundtrack to The Bodyguard. Those power ballads are the best for sing along. Trust me.












Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar