söndag 24 november 2013

Sophia Urista



I’m exploring the music of a new-found artist. A tip from a colleague had to be looked up. Unfortunally I couldn’t find much about her though. If the sources I found are correct she was born in Detroit but is now based in New York.
However, I did find quite a lot of her music and that’s enough to put her on the blog. It’s dificult to find good funk today, but this sounds promising. I can only hope she’ll be sticking to it and not ending up becoming yet another RnB-diva. In some ways she is a modern version of Betty Davis and she’s got a cool voice. Look her up pn soundcloud, facebook and youtube. The following clips are not the best clips I could find but these were the only ones I could embed, so look up Please Don't Let Me Down, her cover of Betty Davis If I'm In Luck..., and To Know You Is To Love You.











Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar